*NOTE: I wrote this post about a month ago before departing Calgary, but I didn't get a chance to post it until now.
The time has come to say goodbye. To reflect on all the memories we have made here in Calgary. To turn the page. To begin another chapter.
I must confess that there has not been much clarity in my mind as of late. I've been plagued with all sorts of thoughts and emotions which have left me a bit of an emotional basket case. I'm everything from anxious, to excited, nervous, terrified, hesitant, scared, frustrated and overwhelmed.
While I am anxious and excited about this new chapter of life that we are about to open I am also really nervous and hesitant about all the changes that are going to impact our little family in such a short amount of time.
We are leaving behind the place we have called home the longest since Dan and I became a family in 2006. We have lived in Calgary for just under 6 years. We have enjoyed so many wonderful things in this city and have made a lifetime of memories to cherish. Dan attend college here and received a diploma. I became a registered teacher with the Royal Academy of Dance. We began a family and have had three lovely children who have taught us so much and brought so much joy to our lives. We started our own business and have faced the success and trials of being self employed. We have vacationed to beautiful British Columbia and discovered many beautiful places we did not know existed. We have become friends with some of the most amazing people, so amazing I never could have imagined being friends with people like them.
I am sad to leave this world and this life behind. We've created a community for ourselves here that I know we will never have the chance to experience again. It has been so special and I am so grateful for all the wonderful things that this community of family and friends have given to us. I am so grateful to have called Calgary home.
As much as I gripe and complain about things here that I don't love, there are so many things that I do love about this city. I have loved the nearness to the majestic mountains, I have loved the strength of our church, I have loved our neighbours and the friends that we have made. I have loved the things that I have gotten to do with my children, and I have even loved the excessive splendor of the stampede! I have loved the friendly people of the west and all the adventures we have experienced here.
I know I am going to miss this city as we head into the great unknown. But as sad as I feel, I know deep down in my heart that this is the right move for our family and the right path for us to take at this time in our lives.
It's going to be scary. It's going to be hard and I know it is filled with uncertainty, but sometimes you just have to take that leap of faith believing that there is something better just around the corner.
So long Calgary.
You will be missed. And forever in my heart.
Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a line!