My secret motto last year was to have a beautiful year. Finding the joy and beauty in things is sometimes a struggle for me, so I really wanted to try to be more positive and happy with everything that happened to our family during 2014. I must admit that this motto proved to be a lot harder to live than I anticipated. We made a lot of huge changes in 2014 that impacted our lives quite dramatically. As I sit here think a bit about everything that happened last year I find it almost impossible to believe that we spent only 7 months in Calgary and 5 months here in Listowel!
We are all still adjusting to being here in Ontario (even though it's been 5 months.) It's funny because even though we are familiar with so many things here, it also feels like we are living in a whole new world. This holiday season has given Dan and I a lot of time for reflection and thought towards our past, our present and our future. I wish I could say that we've figured things out that we know where we are going and what we are doing, but in all truthfulness we still feel like we are open to where ever the breeze might take us. Right now we fee like we are living another step of our journey to somewhere. I wish I knew where that end point was but I am also starting to feel a little more accepting of the journey that we are living.
In some of our conversations Dan and I have come to feel and realize that even though our lives have involved a lot of moving and uncertainty we have been blessed to experience so much that this beautiful country has to offer, and to gain a much broader perspective on what life has to offer us during the process. In meeting with so many different family members we have been reminded just how special and important family is, but also how important it is to live your life and seize the the day. I can honestly say that after all of our holiday adventures we are feeling inspired to really figure out what is is that we want from life this year.
And so our new motto for this year is Carpe Diem! (for those of you who are unfamiliar with this Latin phrase it means: Seize the day!) We will not sit back and simply allow life to pass us by wallowing in uncertainly and confusion but instead we are going to very actively try to decide what we want from the future and determine the path that we need to arrive there. No more sitting back and waiting for things to happen, this is the year that we will figure it all out- or at least make a decision about what we want and determine what steps we need to make in order to get there! (I know that things can always change but you still have to have a dream to work towards achieving.)
Here's to 2015!
Jordan

I love love LOVE everything about this. I hope you guys figure everything out and we can all move to Creston next summer hahah!! JK, but not really... We miss and love you guys and really though, everything will work out as it should, it always does. :)
ReplyDelete