- Bowling- In November we took the kids bowling for the first time! They had a blast. We met up with Dan's sister Nat and her family as well as his younger siblings Carrie and Jim. The kids had a lot of fun with their cousins and Aunts and Uncles. We did a lot of granny bowling until we discovered that there was a special device the kids could use to help them with the bowling. This was also something we got to cross off our 2014 bucket list!
![]() |
| Having some fun at the bowling alley. |
![]() |
| Nat with her girls and our three kiddlets. |
![]() |
| My three little monkeys. |
![]() |
| Marshals face was just too good not to post the photo. |
2. Listowel Santa Claus Parade- November 29, 2014. We went out to the Santa Claus Parade that the town had and the kids had a really great time. It was nice because it wasn't overly busy (perks of a small town) and it was just the right length. The kids enjoyed looking at all the floats and collecting candy. Marshal especially enjoyed it! It was great to get us all in the Christmas spirit!
![]() |
| A few shots form the parade. |
![]() |
| Dan and the kids enjoying the parade. |
![]() |
| Some of the floats. |
![]() |
| Marshal waving to Santa at the end. |
3. Coloring At Home- Just a Cute moment I snapped of the kids one day. November 30, 2014
4. Ringing In December- The problem with a phone is that I take a gazillion photos of the kids. I'm sorry but these were too cute not to share. Plus I want them for our memory books that will be printed.
5. Letters to Santa- The kids actually wrote letters to the kids this year. Marshal did a pretty good job of trying to write (a skill I'm having difficulty getting him to practice.) I thought the letters were so cute I couldn't bring myself to mail them.

7. Cohen The Artist- Cohen is my little artist. He honestly loves to sit and paint, draw, build, create-anything that requires creativity. I love watching him work because he will sit for so long. Marshal will sit and craft for about 10 minutes where as Cohen will stay there for 30 minutes or longer.
7. AppleCheeks- In December I received a surprise package from the, "Diaper Fairy." In case you're out of the loop I am a BIG fan of AppleCheeks Cloth Diapers. They are a great Canadian based company and are always coming out with special new colors and prints. The diaper they reveled for Christmas was this classic AppleCheeks print with a Christmas color scheme. I didn't think I was going to be able to get one but then a lovely person suprised me by sending one to me along with the special AppleCheeks CHristmas ornament. I have to say it was the best Christmas present I could have imagined. I was thrilled!
![]() |
| Novah pointing out the green apple on her new diaper. |
8. Random Fact- Novah is obsessed with Dogs, she loves them and brings hers with her wherever she goes. She sleeps with them, brings them around the house, cuddles them, pretends to be one, loves pictures of them. It's pretty darn cute!
9. Making Christmas Sugar Cookies- Auntie Kathy came to visit us one Saturday in December and we spent some time decorating Christmas cookies! It was a lot of fun and we got pretty creative with lots of different colors of icing and sprinkles. Decorating cookies is always a good time. Novah missed out on the fun as she was napping but it did make the activity a bit easier!
10. Branch Christmas Party- At our Branch Christmas Party the kids put on a little Nativity Pageant. It was short and sweet and did not require any preliminary practice It was really just fun for the kids to get dressed up and to be a part of acting out the story of Christ's birth. Here are my cute little boys with some of the other kids on our branch all dressed up and ready to play their parts.
![]() |
| Cutest Shepherd. |
11. Coloring The Snow- Winter certainly wouldn't be complete without coloring the snow. Such a fun and cheap activity for the kids. They just love it!





























Looks like you did lots of fun things! It's amazing how moving will kill an entire season - I feel like Christmas didn't even happen this year! We did manage to make it to the Nativity twice and decorate a gingerbread house...but since we threw out our Christmas tree on Christmas night, it was a short season! ha! The kids are so cute dressed up for the Nativity! Oh and it sounds like Amy and Novah would be good friends as Amy is also very stubborn, strong-willed, and outspoken!
ReplyDeleteHaha oh man it sounds like you have 2 type 3 kids....Look into that book I told you about again! You are an amazing mom and you're obviously doing a great job even if your kids are strong willed and give you a hard time sometimes. I need to take my girls bowling again I forgot how fun it can be! And can I just say Marshal's letter to santa is the cutes thing I've ever seen!! He is GOOD at writing!!
ReplyDelete