Monday, June 18, 2012

Marshal's 2nd Birthday! It's Been A Long Time Coming

Well sadly I fell off the face of the blogging planet. I've been swamped with work for our business and never have time to blog anymore. Anyway I'm back at it and hopefully I can maintain some sort of consistency throughout the summer months. A lot has happened but I can't seem to remember all the good stuff so right now I'll tell you about a super important event- Marshal's 2nd Birthday!

Marshal turned 2 on May 25! I seriously cannot believe that my baby is 2- where has all the time gone? I went as all out for his party as I could muster with also having a wee 7.5 month old to take care of. I find joy in planning, decorating and putting together something fun. I definitely could have organized things a little better with the way some things turned out (ie. the birthday cake- looked pretty icing was a huge disaster and tasted awful!) but all in all I think the party turned out pretty well. I am fortunate to have some super talented friends one of whom (Alex) snapped a few shots for me at the party while I was busy trying to be a good hostess.

So the theme of the birthday party was Rainbows! Really I just wanted an excuse to make the fabulous rainbow cake I'm sure you've all seen via Martha Stewart or Pinerest. You can see the picture of my cake a little later in the post. 

Ok here are the classic tissue paper puff ball decorations. My favorite because they are both cute and incredibly cheap to make! 
Luckily the weather cooperated so we were able to have the party outdoors as planned!

Food table:

And here are all the party kidlets looking oh so cute!

Time for presents:


When we started singing Happy Birthday to Marshal he started screaming at the top of his lungs! It was absolutely hilarious!

Here we are cutting the cake:

And here it is, the rainbow cake!
Like I mentioned above  the cake didn't turn out completely as planned. I was totally pleased with the colorful cakes themselves, but I ran out of time to make icing and ended up buying a big tub of Wilton icing from Michael's craft store. Sadly this icing seemed to have gone bad but I didn't realize this until after I had put it all over the cake! It tasted horrible! And we ended up throwing over half of the cake in the garbage. Luckily Michael's was awesome and gave me a full refund for the icing when I went there to complain after the party, because it wasn't cheap!

Thank goodness for the cake pops which I decide to make at about 11pm the night before (I know I'm totally crazy!) But they tasted delicious to make up for the yucky icing on the cake!

Marshal enjoying his new pedal fire truck:

We also had a pinata, which the kids were a little young to understand. But I think they still had fun:


Marshal searching through the treats with Grandpa:



 And here are just a few amazing pictures I had to share! 
Marshal was pushing Natalie around in the fire truck but she got stuck!




 All in all it was a great party and I think the kids and grownups all had a ton of fun. 
I'm still getting used to the idea of having a 2 year old who has fully decided to enter the Terrible 2s! Got to love that little guy and all his will power!

Jordan

2 comments:

  1. I thought the party was a huge success! The food was delicious, the cake looked amazing (and honestly I didn't think it tasted all that bad!) and the company was so enjoyable! Thank you for having us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun party! Thanks for inviting us. And I thought your cake was delish!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!