I know I've been the lamest blogger ever lately but life has been so super crazy busy!
So rather than try to update this lame-o blog I'm just going to dive right in here with today's events. My baby turned 7 months old today CRAZY I tell you! And so to celebrate not working out for the past 7 months ;) I went to a hot yoga class this morning. Let me tell you about my very early morning adventure.
So last week my girlfriend Angela asked if I'd be interested in taking a hot yoga class with her. I was interested. Why? Because 1- I love yoga and it always makes me feel so good 2- I seriously needed to get back into exercise mode as it has been 7 months since I gave birth and 3- I've never done hot yoga before but have always been super intrigued by it. Then I found out that the class was only $5 and that turned up my excitement a few more notches! Because seriously you can't pass up a class for only $5 that's a super great deal. The classes are also really early in the morning which could be a huge turn off but the fact that it is so early actually made me feel like I could do it with a little more ease. Hubby and kids are still sleeping at 6:00am- so I can get out, get some exercise and come home and get the day rolling.
Ok so today was the day that we braved the 6:15am class!!!! I woke up at 5:30 this morning and we rolled out out of our neighborhood at 5:50. It was seriously a miracle that I got out of bed I don't think I have ever woken up that early before except to tend to a crying baby. However since I'm now used to being sleep deprived I figured I may as well get some exercise. And I am totally glad that I went. The class was fast paced and the teacher was a little different from other yoga instructors that I have had in the past, but all in all in was terrific. My body felt amazing both during and after class and it was nice to remember some of the things that my body can do (though definitely not as easily as before!) I enjoyed the hot room- definitely adds an element of challenge to the class and I loved how rejuvenated I felt afterwards. I'm still up (at 10:30pm) and have been going strong all day long!
And so Angela and I have decided to go back this Thursday as they offer this particular class twice a week. I hoping that I can commit to 2 classes a week but if I can't manage that I'm for sure going to make it to 1. I'm so happy when I exercise and I know my body thanks me for taking some time to stretch it out. I'm glad that Dan kicked me out of bed this morning when my alarm went off and that the beautiful sun was pouring in my window. It made it that much easier to get up and get the day going with some exercise. I love yoga!
And now I think it's time for me to sign off and hit the pillow.
Jordan
Ok I am officially totally impressed. Sounds amazing. After riding my bike to Lakeview and back it is abundantly clear that I need to get on the exercise wagon too!
ReplyDelete