Sunday, April 13, 2014

Crossing A Few Things Off The List

Well I've had the chance to cross a few things off the bucket list in the past few weeks. Sorry in advance for the length of this post and the number of photos it includes. Feel free to bypass it as this is mainly a record for my own benefit!

#34- Colour The Snow (March 31)
Well you may or may not recall the endless winter we've had this year (fingers crossed, I think it might actually be gone for good now!) A few weeks ago it had just started getting nice and then decided to dump a whole lot of snow on us again. My kids and I had definitely had enough of being cooped up indoors so I decided to try out an idea a couple of my girlfriends had used at home- bringing the snow inside. I filled up the bathtub with a whole lot of snow and then let the boys go at it. At first they weren't too sure, but the they realized it was a whole lot of fun. I filled up some squeeze bottles with water and a few drops of food colouring so that they could colour the snow and they had a blast!
A tub full of snow!
Getting some toys in the tub.
Colour bottles!
The boys really enjoyed making the snow colourful.
It got really colourful!
Thinking about what to do next.
Getting ready to dig!
Pardon Cohen's crazy bed head.
The boys decided they needed mitts to keep their hands warm.

#38- Go On A Family Bike Ride (April 7)
In stark contrast to the snow, we were finally able to get out this past week and go on the first family bike ride of the year! I'm really looking forward to lots of bike rides this summer since I will not be hugely pregnant this year! We took a nice, slow 5 km ride around the Glenmore reservoir on Monday of this week. Novah and Cohen were in the bike trailer and both had a long nap while Marshal biked on his little strider the whole time like a champ! We did have several stops and some slow moments but all in all it was a great way to spend a sunny and relatively warm Calgary afternoon!

Dan heading off with the little munchkins in the trailer. 
Grandpa and Marshal are ready to go on an adventure!
I can ride a bike too!
Riding along. 
Stopped to take a picture with my little pro rider. 
Proof the two littles were there. 
When we got back to the van Cohen woke up so we let him ride around for a bit on his bike.
He really wanted to ride down the grassy hill, but that didn't happen.  
Looking out at the water. Or maybe trying to sneak down the hill. 
Marshal taking a moment to look out. 
Brothers biking together. Couldn't be anything cuter!

#70- Go To The Temple (April 11)
Today Dan and I were able t go to the Calgary temple. I haven't been since August (just after Novah was born and my in laws were here) so it was really great to be able to finally go again. Now that Novah is a bit older and eating food I can actually get away for a few hours with greater ease. Thanks so much to my parents who came over to watch the kids!

#1- Take A Ballet Class (April 12)
Well it's alway in the back of my mind, but it has been a struggle for me to get out and take a ballet class since having kids. I think the last real class that I took was back in 2007 when we lived in Surrey and we didn't have kids! I'd often go into Vancouver to take classes at Harbour Dance Centre (how I miss that spot.) Since then I have done some classes while doing my RAD teacher certification but those were always classes for learning (about teaching) purposes so not the same as just taking a class for me. Alberta Ballet School had an open house yesterday and a free Adult class was being offered so I jumped at the chance to finally get back into the studio. It was a very basic class but it felt so amazing to dance again! Not dancing on a regular basis has definitely been the biggest struggle for me since becoming a mother. I had a great time and hope to get back in the studio again soon!


Here's to checking off a few of my bucket list items! I'm actively plugging away at a few more things which I hope to cross off soon! So far I'm really enjoying 2014 and feeling very motivated by all the, "goals," I have set for myself and have yet to achieve!

Jordan

1 comment:

  1. K adding colour to the snow was genius! I just had the girls do this when it snowed last and they had a blast. Thanks for the good idea! Love that you are crossing so many off your list!!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!