Sunday, May 4, 2014

Easter Weekend Activities


I decided to do a few activities with the boys for Easter this year. As they are getting older they are more interested in making and doing things so I'm trying to make a better effort to be creative. Luckily for me there are lots of other creative people out there who have awesome ideas that I can replicate!

Here we are making mini doughnut easter bunnies! This was a perfect activity for little hands. The kids had fun painting, attaching and of course eating these yummy bunny treats!
Working with Auntie to paint the bunny ears.
I sliced marshmallows in half diagonally to make the ears,
hen mixed a bit of milk with pink food colouring to create the inner ear.  
We painted the inside of the marshmallows with the milk mixture using q-tips.
Cohen was a very content little artist. 
Cohen stayed at the table long after Marshal had left painting lots and lots of bunny ears. 
Marshal having some fun. 
Busy little painters.
We attached the marshmallow ears to the mini doughnuts with toothpicks and glued little pink jujubes to the center with white chocolate. The kids loved them! Here is the cute result.



We also dyed some eggs. The boys were really excited about the dropping of the eggs in the coloured water but less enthused about waiting for them to change colour. Once the eggs were dyed we attempted to use crayon wax to make designs on them. I saw this idea on pinterest and it looked so neat! Sadly this part did not work out at all! But Cohen still had a lot of fun colouring the eggs. Marshal got bored and left after the initial dyeing! But is was a fun little project.

Here are the boys getting ready to put eggs in the colour jars.


Cohen really enjoyed decorating his easter eggs.



The final result.

On Sunday morning the boys woke up to an easter egg hunt from the Easter bunny! It was really funny to watch them going around to gather their eggs. Marshal was a speed demon running around the house as fast as he could collecting as many eggs as he could fit into his basket. Cohen on the other had simply took his time sitting down each time he found an egg and eating the treat inside. Such different personalities on those little boys! 
The boys loved hunting for eggs. 
Marshal clearly found a lot of eggs!
He was very pleased with himself. 
Trying to put all the eggs in his easter basket.



Cohen was pretty happy to sit there and open each easter egg he found and then eat the candy inside.



Candy filled mouth.



Marshal was a super fast egg hunter, as you can tell here by the blurriness of this photo.


 
And Cohen continued to sit and eat his eggs.

I know it's a little silly but I planned the cutest little matching family outfits for us to wear to church on Easter Sunday. I really planned out the kids outfits and then just found something in my closet that matched too, poor Damn was sort of left out but you know it's a bit harder to get the dad matching too, he did have a white tie though! I made the boys their little white ties and Novah's matching hair bow so that they would be all spiffy for church on Easter Sunday. I took a gazillion pictures but didn't actually get one of the whole family together :( C'est las vie! I guess this photo overload will just have to do! 



The boys with Dan. Real little charmers they are!
Impossible to get a photo of them at this age!


Being boys. 
Just having fun in the hallway at church!
That face!
Me and my baby girl!!
The cutest person ever!
My three kidlets!
Love these munchkins to death!
Stud muffin.
Cutie pie.
Doll face. 
Daddy and daughter!
Mommy and daughter!
We finished off our Easter Sunday with a lovely dinner with our family! Hope you had a happy Easter too!

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!