Crossing a few more items off the 2014 Bucket List!
#73- See The Movie Divergent
I finally got to go and see Divergent. I have been looking forward to seeing this movie since I saw the first preview, but alas life with kids is so busy that Dan and I didn't have a chance to go and see it until Saturday May 17. I'm glad that we finally buckled down and went to see it (despite being exhausted) becuase I really enjoyed it! I know that the movie didn't get great reviews and I'll admit that there was some cheese but I'll be honest- I'm not hard to please when it comes to movies. Give me an awesome teen heroine and a bit of a love story and I'm a happy camper. I was a little skeptical going into the movie because of the casting decision for Tris (the lead character) as Shailene Woodley did not match the vision of Tris that I had in my mind. But I was actually pleasantly surprised with her and thought she did a great job. In fact I quite liked her as Tris and the dynamic between her and Four (Theo James) was great. I am pretty excited about installment two in this trilogy!#42- Go See The Dinosaurs in Drumheller
We decided to make the trek out to Drumheller on the holiday Monday May 19. I have been wanting to take the boys to see the dinosaurs for awhile now and I am so glad that we finally got to go! The boys had a blast. I truly think that it was one of the most exciting days of their little lives so far. They were so fascinated and awestruck by the dinosaurs it was purely joyful watching their little faces. The first stop we made when we arrived in Drumheller was at the world's largest dinosaur which you get to climb inside and then get to stand in the T-rex's mouth at the top. When Marshal and Cohen saw this dinosaur from a far they got so excited! It was hard to stand in line and wait to buy our tickets because they were so anxious to climb to the top!
Everybody all excited and ready to climb inside the giant T-rex!![]() Hanging on at the top! ![]() We all made it! |
![]() |
| Novah, Marshal and Kendra at lunch (Cohen wouldn't let me take a picture of him!) |
Overall the boys were really well behaved at the museum. They tried to run off a few times, but they were pretty interested in looking at the the dinosaur bones and exploring all the neat exhibits. We brought Aerona and Kendra to Drumheller with us as well and they also had a really great time. It was a super fun afternoon and a really wonderful way to spend the holiday Monday.
| Cohen getting eaten by a dinosaur! |
| Marshal really wanted a picture of himself with the dinosaur shadow! |
| The boys checking out some big bones! |
| Family photo next to the giant T-rex leg bones! |
| Me and my cling-on boy. |
| Cohen was pretty happy looking at himself in the mirror and kept saying- Two Cohens!! |
At one of the hands on exhibits which was great for kids they had a grip test to see how strong your hold was in comparison to the bite force of a dinosaur. Marshal was insane, he got about 500 using both hands, higher than a few grown men that we saw squeezing it with one hand! This gave Dan and I a good laugh!!! The boys were also very intrigued by the underwater type room, with a floor that you could see through. Marshal quite liked this room and wanted to go back while Cohen thought it was pretty scary and wanted to leave! After a few hours at the museum we went to explore the outdoor playground and then grabbed some dinner at the Extra Foods. It turned out to be a really beautiful afternoon despite the call for rain so we sat outside and ate while the kids ran around and played. All in all it was a great day trip and the boys had a ton of fun!!!
Jordan




No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a line!