Sunday, May 11, 2014

Cohen Emrett At 2.5

I've been meaning to do an update on my boys for awhile but alas life gets the better of me. I'm finally getting a minute to sit down so here goes.

Cohen has just passed 2.5 yikes! I honestly remember his first birthday like it was yesterday and here we are getting closer to 3! Speaking of birthdays I never got around to posting photos from Cohen's 2nd birthday party. So even though these photos are embarrassingly late I'm going to post them anyway!
I did NOT make this cake. This is the first time I didn't make a birthday cake for one of the kids
but since Novah was only a few months old at the time I could only handle so much!
Here comes Dan bringing in the cake!
Cohen pretty excited about his Woody and Buzz cake!!
Staring down the camera!

Kids enjoying their birthday cake. 

Yum, cake is delicious!
Cohen is so happy with all of his birthday guests. 
Dah! Could this birthday boy be any cuter!
Time for gifts! As always this is the most chaotic and frightening part of a childs birthday party. Every kid was in there as fast as fast could be trying to help out with the gift opening. There may or may not have been a lot of fighting, crying, yelling and tearing of paper involved!
 
From what I recall Cohen had a great party. It was filled with lots of screaming, crying, fighting, eating, playing, laughing and fun but what two year old party isn't?

Ok so back to my update in 2.5 year old Cohen. 

Cohen is currently the cutest kid around (in my opinion.) He has the raspiest and cutest little voice, has become a master whiner and crier (qualities I could live without) and wants to be exactly like his big brother in every possible way. 

He truly has a sweet little personality but as of late has been going through the worst possible faze and I have taken to calling him the grump master which does not make him overly happy. Despite the current trend to whine and cry for mom all the day long (which is driving me mental some days I might add) I can't help but love this little boy. When you get him alone he is so cute and cuddly and loving. He is still obsessed with Curious George and loves to watch Curious George on netflix. He loves reading and some of his favourite books are Curious George, Pete the Cat, Disney Cars, any type of vehicle book and Brown Bear. 

Cohen loves to do arts and crafts and is quite into colouring! He often asks to colour and will sit still longer than Marshal to play playdough, paint, colour etc. He also loves music and dancing! I think he may be my artsy boy!!
 
He knows a whole lot of his alphabet letters and has a pretty amazing vocabulary which just sort of burst open one day! I am amazed at how smart he is and often wonder how he knows so much because I'm pretty sure I haven't been doing that great a job of teaching him. 

He is desperate to ride a bike (like Marshal) and actually fits on the little strider this year but is sooo slow! Still he puts in a good effort and I feel confident that by the end of the summer he'll be zooming along a little faster! He is tougher than tough and puts up a really impressive fight for such a little guy. He has gotten a bit aggressive (especially with his cousin Kendra- she just seems to get in his bubble and it upsets him) but I'm hoping that he'll get over this soon and learn to tame that wild inner beast (wonder where he got that from ;) 
Overall we love our little Cohen. He brings a special little something to our family and it certainly wouldn't be complete without him. 


 Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!