Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cohen Is 6 Months!

It's hard to believe that my little baby is already 6 months old. He was officially 6 months old on Sunday, but I've had a busy week and just managed to sit down and do some blogging today. Cohen has definitely been a much more difficult baby than Marshal was but he continues to bring joy into our lives each and every day.

Morning that he reached 6 months. 
Its amazing to me just how individual a baby can be- Cohen was definitely born with a personality.

Cohen is a sweet little man. He loves to snuggle and be held and really doesn't like it when I put him down for too long. He is completely a Mamas boy and seems only to settle or calm down when I am holding him, or nursing him. He has bright cheerful smiles that he gives to me each morning and whenever I look at him and smile. He likes to chew on my fingers and laughs every time he is tickled.
At church on his 6 month b-day.
Cohen already has a special bond with his big brother Marshal. I love watching the way that they interact with each other and I can see that Cohen already adores Marshal even though he is rough housed once in awhile! Cohen is always watching Marshal, and I suspect wishing he could do the things that his big brother is doing.

Cohen also loves his Daddy and tries to follow the sound of his voice whenever he hears him talking. He loves when Dan comes home from work and likes to sit nestled in his arm through the evening. Cohen likes to play with Dan and lie on his belly.

Cohen LOVES the jolly jumper- in limited doses of course. But when he is in there he is like a little leprechaun jumping for joy! It is totally hilarious to watch and so stinking cute! He always has the biggest grin plastered on his face as he bounces away, working out those chubby little baby legs. He likes the exersaucer too- though not nearly the way he loves the jolly jumper. But he is getting better at playing with the toys on the exersaucer which gives my arms a bit of a break!
Jolly little jumper.
Cohen has just recently started sitting up on his own. He is still a little wobbly and I wouldn't leave him sitting by himself but if I'm behind him I'll let him sit on his own (until he falls over) as he plays with toys. He seems to really like sitting up- a lot better than lying down- so I'm hoping that once he can sit stably he will be more content to sit and play which will hopefully make it a bit easier for me to get things done!

Cohen is also loving food, which is a huge relief for me and will hopefully allow me a little more freedom in the coming months. He has refused the bottle but likes rice and oat cereal and a variety of other fruit and vegetables he has also tried. He isn't eating a lot yet but I try to give him a bit at breakfast and dinner to help fill up his belly and get him used to eating. Plus he totally eyes up our plates at dinner time and I think wants to be part of the fun!

We are all totally in love with our little Cohen. He is a lovely addition to our family and we are so happy to have him as a part of the Fuller family! Here's to another great 6 months!
Photo by Arianne Bieber

1 comment:

  1. He has such expressive eyebrows! How cute! :) I hope Cohen's next 6 months are full of all sorts of great memories and milestones.
    Happy Tuesday!

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!