On the blog she makes a fancy cake with beautiful presentation. I didn't have the time or energy for that so I simply halved her recipe and made my cake in a 9x9 brownie pan. Doesn't matter that my cake was very basic and not visually appealing like hers the end result is still the same, amazing carroty cake deliciousness!
Here's the full recipe (again I just did half to make one 9x9 brownie pan)
Ingredients:
3/4 lb. (about 2 1/2 cups) peeled & finely grated carrots (I used the blender)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 TBS cinnamon
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable or canola oil
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Prep your carrots and set aside.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
4. Beat eggs with electric mixer until frothy about 1 minute.
5. Gradually add sugar and beat until mixture is thick and light coloured (3-4 minutes)
6. Add in oil in a steady stream and then add the vanilla.
7. Add flour mixture, combine until just mixed.
8. Fold in carrots.
9. Pour into your baking dish or choice and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Really this cake is the best, so after you make it enjoy it!
Jordan
Ummmm sounds de!
ReplyDelete