Saturday, February 2, 2013

Felt Flower Wreath

I have this amazingly crafty friend who makes incredibly beautiful felt flower wreaths. I've wanted to make one for a very long time, but just haven't gotten my lazy butt around to doing it.

On Friday after I took the boys to tumble time I stopped by the craft store (since getting out the door is half the battle) and finally bought me some colorful felt so that I could finally make my wreath! I'm not going to show how I made the flowers, because I didn't take any pictures of the process. But I will share the links to tutorials that I used to make my felt flowers below.

I only used 2 flower variations to make my wreath and just repeated these two styles of flowers in a variety of sizes. I used this rose bud felt flower found at Creative Jewish Mom, which I think is absolutely lovely! She uses her flowers to make a bouquet but obviously I just used her tutorial on how to make the rosebud flower and then put them on a wreath!

The other flower I made was found here at Craftiness Is Not An Option. Instead of using 6 felt circles as she does I used 7. I used 1 circle for the flower base, 4 to fill the bottom layer of the flower and then 2 in the center rather than 1. I felt (no pun intended!) that it made the flower look a little more full and aesthetically I liked it better.

After making all my flowers I made then in an arrangement on the wreath, glued them in place and voila! My beautiful new spring wreath.

Can I also just share that I am proud that this wreath cost me about $5 to make. I scored the wreath base at the Goodwill for only $2 and spent about $3 on felt. Win win!


Close up on some of the flower detailing. 

And hanging on the front door, pardon the scratchy paint,
we need to give the door a fresh cost of paint!



I must say I'm quite happy with how it all turned out! Have a happy weekend!


Jordan

1 comment:

Drop me a line!