Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Beautiful Baby Shower

Yesterday my wonderful friend Rachel (with the help of my mom) hosted a beautiful baby shower for me. It was truly a gorgeous outdoor tea party, much more than I could have imagined. Rachel did a perfect job of transforming her backyard into a soft and simple party oasis. There were garlands of white balloons and beautiful white net curtains, along with lots of lovely treats and goodies prepared by my lovely mother. I am so thankful for all the lovely friends that I have and all of the lovely gifts that I was given. This little baby girl is certainly spoiled already!

The lovely food table.

Looking into the backyard, doesn't it just look lovely!

Everyone sitting around and socializing. 
The other side of the yard.

Love all the white balloons. 

The pregnant lady herself.

Ashley, Angela and Alex, isn't Alex's tea party outfit amazing!

Arianne, Cassia and Barbara. Love those hats ladies.

Kathy was able to fly in for the weekend! Her and my mom!

Vicky and her cute sleeping babe Cole.

Rael with baby Kendra.

Baby Kendra just being chubby and cute.

Pretty presents.

More gifts.
I'm so glad we got a group shot together. I've known many of these ladies since I moved to Calgary nearly 5 years ago and we rarely take pictures together!
Back Row (L-R): Aeron, Rael, Barbara, Pam, Cora, Ashley, Angela, Mom
Front Row (L-R): Vicky, Alex, Kathy, Me, Cassia, Arianne, Rachel



All of our best sassy faces! I think Cassia wins!


We had to move indoors because it started to rain a bit. These are my lovely sisters.
A card from all of the ladies who went in oif a beautiful bed set for my little baby N. 
Isn't it gorgeous!

Pardon my ridiculous looking face! The bed sheet is just so adorable!

And the white ruffle bed skirt is to die for!

They also got me a pack of the best ever, Aden + Anais swaddling blankets which I wasn't expecting at all.
So generous of everyone and a gift that I am totally stoked about!

The mystery gift box...

Contained this incredible quilt made by my amazing friend Cassia.
I totally wasn't expecting this and was absolutely in awe of her amazing skills.

This quilt is truly incredible and amazingly matches the dresser in my baby's nursery perfectly.
Every shade of pink is an exact match to the colours we painted the dresser! Incredible!

A very cute card from the lovely Auntie Kathy.

Little baby N got spoiled by Kathy.

Lots of cute clothes.
Kathy also got us this amazing story time book of The Wizard of Oz, with incredible pop ups!

Definitely the coolest pop up book I have ever seen. 

Adorable ruffle skirt, and note the pink one on my lap!


My high school bestie of 15 years was able to fly out for the weekend and celebrate our new little lady with us! It was so nice to see her again and have a short but sweet visit. Thanks for coming Kathy!
Kathy and I.

Me 35 weeks 4 days.


Well there you have it a gorgeous baby shower and all the spoils from wonderful friends and family. I am so thankful to everyone who contributed to this special day for me and little miss baby to be. We are certainly excited about welcoming this little girl into the world and now I feel more prepared than ever!

Jordan






3 comments:

  1. It was a gorgeous baby shower! Rachel and your mother did such an excellent job. The yard looked fantastic and the food was so delicious! Thanks for having me there, I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous Alex and I look. haha! It was so fun to dress up.

    Also.... Baby N????? I'm so anxious to find out her name!
    So exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I am laughing so hard at the sassy picture. Everyone looks so hilarious! And seriously, Arianne and I really do look ridiculous! Oh well haha. Rachel and your mom did such a good job with the shower!! It looked so pretty! Can't wait to meet baby N. (Now I am super curious as to what her name is!). Have her already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt you have there! Lovely quilting too :) I am sure you are ready to meet this little princess!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!