Thursday, June 6, 2013

Some Baby Thoughts and the Diaper Bag Debate

Well I'm now 33 weeks and looking forward to my D day more than ever. I'm hoping and praying this little lady wants to come to Earth sooner than later because I don't know if I can make it 7 or even 8 more weeks! 5 would be ideal! But I guess I'll just have to wait patiently and be ready when she decides to make her big debut.

I do have some spectacular news, and that is that Dan and I have finally decided on a name for this little lady! I am so relieved and glad that we no longer have to spend hours every evening agonizing over names. It was truly miserable and getting absolutely ridiculous. I actually thought of the name on our long weekend drive to Creston when Dan was trapped in the car and had nowhere to run, thereby forced to talk names with me! With all of my pregnancies we have played the sign game where we try to get name inspiration from signs that we see on our drive. This time it actually worked and now we at least have a first name for our little girl. Now to work on a middle name! But that's ok I feel the most important part is covered.

As I have been getting closer to D day I have been thinking more about a few items I would like to get before this baby arrives. One such item is a new diaper bag. I know there are many ladies out there who don't use diaper bags, but I personally couldn't live without mine. It helps to keep me organized and also helps to keep everything in one place. I used to switch my "diaper bag" with the season and used large purses, but I found this to be a bit annoying and I also ruined some purses in the process (they weren't the greatest quality but still sad.) In any case before I had Cohen I splurged and bought me an expensive JuJuBe bag that I have really loved. It has been good to me but lately it just isn't cutting it for space and I know once baby 3 arrives I definitely won't have enough room in there to take care of everybody's needs.

So I have been searching high and low for the biggest bags out there that won't entirely break the bank. JuJuBe does make a bag larger than the one I have, but I can't bring myself to spend $200 on it and I don't actually like any of the prints they have right now. I've been leaning toward a Skip Hop who have a few options for large bags and have also found a few others.

Here are my top picks:

Skip Hop Jonathan Adler Light and Luxe Diaper Tote

  • Size: (inches) 18w x 14h x 6d
  • Signature Jonathan Adler prints
  • Zip sides closed for a handbag look
  • Two large insulated front bottle pocket holds 2 bottles
  • Hangs neatly on shoulder and can be worn over shoulder
  • Adjustable Stroller straps
  • Lightweight laminated fabric wipes clean
  • Eight pockets and zip-top closure (fits most laptops)
  • Cotton tote straps; faux leather trim
  • Interior phone and essential pockets
  • Cushioned changing pad
  • BPA-free, Phthalate-free





Skip Hop Duo Double
  • Dimensions (inches): 18w x 13.5h x 4.25d
  • Attaches to any double (side-by-side) stroller with patented Shuttle Clips-either leave the shoulder strap attached or remove it for a cleaner look
  • Wear with messenger strap or as a tote
  • Magnetic closures throughout-main compartment zips shut
  • Cushioned changing pad
  • Extraordinarily durable poly-canvas construction - this bag will last for years
  • 16 pockets include a zippered personal pocket and 2 side mesh pockets for bottles or sippy cups
  • Convenient cell phone pocket & easy-access pen holders
  • Contrasting lining makes it easy to find everything inside

Skip Hop Versa 
  • Dimensions (inches): 13w (expands to 16.5) x 14h x 4d
  • Expandable center makes bag 20% larger!
  • Hangs neatly on a stroller & can be worn over the shoulder
  • Non-skid stroller straps fit on any stroller
  • Cushioned changing pad
  • BPA-Free, Phthalate-Free
  • Two roomy, insulated bottle pockets & handy front zip phone pocket
  • Eleven pockets, secure zip-top closure
  • Soft, lightweight material; water-resistant lining
  • Contrasting lining makes it easy to find what you need


These 3 bags are the best I have found in terms of price, size, functionality and personal preference as far as aesthetic goes. I like that all 3 come with stroller clips so the bag hooks right onto your stroller and 2 (the versa and duo) also have shoulder straps in addition to the hand straps pictured. All 3 are pretty close in price with the Duo Double being the most expensive and the Versa and Light and Luxe the same price about $10 cheaper than the Duo. So now you can help me out. If you had to pick one of these bags which one would you choose? 

Jordan

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that you have a name picked!!! I'm so anxious to hear it now. We are still struggling..... wish we had a road-trip coming up to get some inspiration! haha.
    Sorry I'm no help with diaper bags. I have not even considered this...

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!