Tuesday, June 4, 2013

May Blogging Challenge Day 30-31

Even though I am a few days late I wanted to finish off the May blogging challenge that I started.

Day 30- React To This Term: Letting Go
What comes to mind when I hear these words:

Loss
Moving forward
A change of perspective
Putting the past behind you
Changing your outlook
Recognizing a need for change
Bravery
Stepping away from your comfort zone
Turning a new leaf
Seeking a new path
Choice

Day 31- A Vivid Memory
I wish that my memory was better. It's kind of sad actually, how difficult I am finding this final blogging challenge to be. I have lots of wonderful memories but many seem somewhat blurred in my mind. I guess that's why I try to keep a journal so that more of the facts remain than I would remember on my own.

As I sit here trying to recall the brightest memory in my mind I am drawn toward the momentous occasions in my life such as when I met Dan, my University graduation, my wedding day, my honeymoon, moving out west, finding out I was pregnant, having Marshal, completing my RAD Teachers Certification, having Cohen. But sadly these big events all seem the most blurry. Perhaps it is jut simply because they were such big events- so much happened and there were so many details that they can't help but become a little blurred together as the years pass by.

I guess where I'm going with this is that I can't think of one memory at this time that seems more vivid than the others, at least not one that I'd like to share on my blog. And so for that reason I'm finishing off this blogging challenge a little bit shamefully and not giving you that vivid memory. Maybe a week form now I'l think of something brilliant but for today it is what it is.

I will share that I am very grateful for the life that I have lived so far and for all the wonderful memories that I have made. I am thankful that I have kept journals and wish that I had done better with journaling in the past 7 years. It's sad to think that 10 or 20 years from now I could look back on my life and not remember the little things that made my life special, so that's one reason I am thankful I at least have this blog. Journaling and blogging is definitely something I would like to improve upon over the course of this year because I want to remember how I felt and how I grew and I want my children to be able to know that about me too.

So here's to a better year of record keeping!

Jordan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!