Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Pregnancy Diary: 39 Weeks!
How Far Along: 39 weeks
Weight Gain: 39 lbs.
Size of Baby: Watermelon
Food Cravings: French fries, fruit and lots of it! Smoothies and sweets.
Food Aversions: None.
Baby Movement: Night time dancing is still going on over here. This little lady sure knows how to move, now if only she would decide to move on outtta here!
Overall Mood/Feeling: READY! I may not actually be ready for life with three kids ages 3 and under, but I am most certainly ready to be done with pregnancy! After spending approximately 28 months being pregnant during the past 4 years I can safely say that my body needs a break! Pregnancy is not for the weak let me tell you. It is a long battle with all sorts of ailments which I am longing to be free from any day now. Seriously little baby I'd actually like to meet you and so would the rest of your family, so come on down to Earth already!
Symptoms: Heartburn! Like nobody's business. It's out of control and so horribly uncomfortable. I never knew what heartburn felt like before having kids and all I can say now is, I wish I was still in the dark on it. Luckily for me heartburn is not a full length pregnancy symptom, and by that I mean it really only hits me for the last couple months, getting the worst the closer to the end I am. Tums have really become my best friend lately (why I never took them before this pregnancy is beyond me!) it doesn't seem to matter when or what I eat I have heartburn all the same.
Bloating. I have really said hello to swollen hands and feet these past few weeks especially the days that it has been super hot. My wedding rings no longer fit and shoes are becoming increasing more uncomfortable to wear, thanks heavens for flip flops. My weight jumped 4 pounds one weekend but I feel confident that it was largely due to water retention!
Strange bursts of energy! I guess perhaps it is the nesting instinct kicking in but despite being tired a lot of the time I have actually noticed that in the past week or so I have had several strange bursts of energy in which I feel motivated to do things like weed my garden, attempt to organize my basement, rearrange furniture in the baby's room, pack away the clothes that the boys have outgrown, wash all the baby stuff and organize her dresser and then of course try to keep up with the less fun chores that await me at the end of every day.
My Thoughts: As I said I'm fully ready for pregnancy to be over, however I am a little anxious for life with 3 kids. I'm grateful that I'll have some support from family and friends, but it is still a bit intimidating. I know that somehow it will all magically work out, but I'm certain there will be many days of full of trials, tears and exhaustion ahead. Sigh. I guess that's what you get with motherhood especially when you have kids so close in age. On the brighter side I am really looking forward to meeting my baby girl and finally getting to say her name out loud to everyone around me! I can't wait to see what she looks like and find out her temperament, personality etc. I know that Marshal is just dying to meet her too as he keeps telling her to come out, and I can't wait to see both of my little boys with their new baby sister. It will also be fun to see Dan adjust to having a daughter. I can say that he is happy to be having another baby but I don't know if he is thrilled it's a girl, he seems a bit reserved about the whole thing! He is definitely a boy daddy but I know that once he meets his little princess she will become just that to him, a princess. Truthfully I think he's a bit scared of having a daughter, but don't tell him I said that! In any case I know that we are all ready to meet little miss N and are anxiously awaiting her arrival. Maybe I'll get lucky and have her before next Tuesday, or maybe I'll still be pregnant...I guess all I can do is wait and see.
Jordan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She will be here before you know it! I'm dying to finally hear her name! You know I LOVE 'N" names lol!
ReplyDelete