Well we decided to take advantage of the gorgeous +14 weather today and re-paint the ugly old dresser I got for baby girl's nursery! We were headed to the paint store in the morning to pick up some paint for our friends and decided that we may as well get paint for the dresser while we were there. Before leaving I had Dan take out a piece of the pink crib we bought so that we could get the paint color matched. Only when he brought me the piece of the crib the color was not at all what I has expected it to be. I swear that the display crib in the store was hot pink, and the crib piece I had was certainly not hot pink but a much lighter little girl pink!
I was shocked, I had really been planning on this hot pink, plus the rug I had purchased at Ikea has hot pink in it and I was suddenly desperate, trying to figure out how I could tie the two very different pinks together. The I remembered this gorgeous dresser that I saw over on the blog
Picked & Painted and all my problems were resolved, I decided to use and the very popular ombre (thanks for the new word Rachel;) trend to paint the dresser. I found 3 pinks which worked and then we headed home to get to work!
Here are some photos of the process.
 |
| Marshal being cute and wearing and protecting his little ears during the sanding! |
 |
| Sanding off the old finish. |
 |
| Primer! |
 |
| In case you thought I didn't do anything, I did! |
 |
| Trying to get all the little spots. |
 |
| M was a good little worker. |
 |
| Drawers in progress, love the pinks! |
 |
Body of the dresser complete.
|
 |
Painting those drawers pink!
And the final product! I am so in love with how this turned out, I may be partial but I think it looks fabulous and am so thrilled with how it ties the light and hot pink in together. We still need to find some new knobs for the drawers but I'm really happy we were able to get this portion of the dresser done today. Remember how ugly it was before:
And Now:
|
 |
| I am so thrilled with how this turned out! |
 |
Pink, pink and more pink! Knobs to come!
I hope my little lady loves this dresser as much as I do!
Jordan
|
I love it Jordan! It looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteWow - great job! It's gorgeous and perfect for a little girl's room! Beautiful work!
ReplyDeleteWow I'm so impressed it's all done!! It looks great! We are so slow with projects...it's kind of pathetic :D
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! What a lucky little girl : )
ReplyDelete