Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cohen at 18 Months

Well it's hard to believe that Cohen is already 18 months old but he is! The past year and a half have simply flown by especially with two little monkeys to keep me occupied. Cohen has turned into a real little character and we are so glad that he is a part of our family. Here are some things about Cohen as he is right now.

1. Cohen still LOVES to be swaddled, have his soother and his sleep sheep to fall asleep. It's kind of crazy, especially in comparison to Marshal who rejected all of these things at such an early age, but Cohen is definitely still a baby when it comes to bedtime. In fact he loves bedtime, and is pretty much a grump from 6pm until the time he is safely asleep in bed. While Marshal fights us to stay up Cohen fights us to go to sleep! What a good little boy.

2. Cohen also still loves to nap (thanks goodness) and sleeps for about 3 hours every afternoon. Amazing! I am so thankful that I have at least one child who values his sleep.

3. His vocabulary consists of the words car, more, up, thank you (shankeu), ap (apple), my, bath and that's pretty much it. Ok maybe he has a few more words, but his choice of communicating relies heavily upon yelling, crying, grunting and moaning. I'm not actually worried about his lack of words. Marshal didn't talk much until he was about 2 and then he just became a chatter box. I know Cohen is smart, he understands everything I tell him to do, he's just plain stubborn. Whenever I ask him to say something he just stares at me with a blank expression then looks away!

4. Cohen is great at being a helper. He loves to throw things in the garbage and is always jumping to put away toys. Of course once he puts them all away he wants to take them all out again, but it is nice to have an eager little clean up helper.

5. He is obsessed with the dishwasher and fridge. Cohen loves to take dirty utensils out of the dishwasher and put them in his mouth and say, "Yum." Totally gross I know. He also likes to climb in the dishwasher. His obsession with opening the fridge began not long ago and has quickly come to a halt with the recent purchase of my fridge lock. Totally worth the $5. That little monkey was constantly going in the fridge pulling everything under the sun out of there. I can't lie it was super annoying! So thank goodness for the lock. He is super devastated every time he comes to the fridge and finds that he can no longer open it up! Sorry baby!

6. Cohen is obsessed with cars. And I mean obsessed. It's actually the first word he says every morning when either Dan or I get him from his crib- "Car, car" he just can't wait to get his hands on a car to start his day of playing. Thinking back Marshal had a very similar obsession at the same age. I am slightly afraid for my future with these two boys! Haha car obsessed and they're only 1.5 and 3. They are most definitely Fuller boys!

7. Wrestling is his favourite sport. I'm not kidding. I guess because big brother has been wrestling him since birth (literally) he has grown to love it. There is nothing (other than a car) that makes him happier than wrestling with Marshal and his Dad. He's actually pretty tough too, guess that also happens when you have a big brother.

8. He super brave. He walks up to kids 3x his size and tries to whack them or start wrestling them. It's kind of hilarious because the bigger kids always look at him and don't know what to do because he's a "baby." We were in the store the other day and he kept going over to these two boys reading books and hitting them on the heads. The kids were about 7! And then today at the library he started trying to climb on the back of a crawling baby about his size. Made me laugh, what a silly kid!

9. Cohen loves his Grandpa. Since he was a very little baby Cohen has had a special bond with my dad. It's been great to have my parents live so close and be a part of our boys lives. Cohen especially loves his Grandpa better than anyone else. Whenever we go to my parents house he just looks for him, and the few times Grandpa has been out Cohen has thrown quite dramatic fits, throwing himself on the floor and sobbing uncontrollably. When my parents come over to visit, Cohen throws similar fits when it's time for them to leave. He's a Grandpa's boy.

10. Cohen loves his big brother. No matter how many times Marshal steals his cars, hits him, pushes him out of the way, runs over him, wrestles him that much too hard or tells him he needs to go in "time out" for being naughty, Cohen simply adores his big brother and wants to be just like him. I guess that's part of what being siblings is all about. I'm happy that my boys get along so well and love each other so much (well most of the time.)

It's such a joy seeing little Cohen grow up and continue to discover the world around him, I'm certain we will have a very fun filled and adventurous summer!
Baby Cohen 4 months old.
Little Lion at Halloween.

8 months old.
9 month old cutie.

Best wrestling buddies. 
Colouring time.

1st Birthday.

Rockin the shag.

Loves to make these cheese face when we take photos now.
A little blurry but I love the joy in his face in this photo.

Little stud muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!