Last night I decided I should finally do something (perhaps so that I can feel like a better mom!) and put together some colour learning bags. I've seen a lot of people do colour drawers (and change the colour weekly) but as space in very limited in my house I decided to use large ziploc bags instead.
I labelled each bag with a colour, then filled the bag with toys I found in my basement that are that colour. It was actually really simple to do, and only took about half an hour.
Again this was seriously the easiest project ever, but had great success today. Marshal already knows most of his colours, but he still had fun taking each item out of the bag and playing with them while we talked about each colour. I'm hoping that these bags will help me to teach Cohen his colours too. After today I think that I will add large letters to the bag that spell out each colour to offer a greater challenge for Marshal. I think I'll be able to use them in a variety of different ways so I'm feeling like this is a win win!
Here are a few pictures of the bags, just to give you an idea of what I did.
| The colours I used include Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink, White, Grey, Black and Brown. |
| A close up so you can see some of the toys I used in each bag. |
I have these bags stored in a basket on my storage shelf in the living room, so they are safely hidden out of sight and also neatly organized. Now hopefully I'll get my butt in gear and put together some other simple learning at home activities for my boys.
Jordan
Great idea!! -- And I am sure you are a fantastic mom!
ReplyDelete