Friday, April 12, 2013

10 Trends I just Can't Stand!

Ok so I'll confess I'm not a super creative blogger. I have friends who are always coming up with great post ideas while I typically stick to journal/documentary type entries. Two of my girlfriends are particularly awesome and creative. They just recently came up with a post list about popular trends that they just can't stand. I thoroughly enjoyed reading their posts (made me laugh out loud) so I thought I would follow suit (hope you don't mind Alex and Arianne.)

Please don't be offended or end our friendship over these things. I don't hate you if you love/sport these things, I just don't like em!

10 Trends I Just Can't Stand

1. The Sock Bun.

Seriously ladies it looks like you have giant doughnut on top of your heads and no I'm sorry it does not look cute it looks stupid. There I said it you can hate me now. The worst is that this is the hairdo selected by the studio I work at to use for the competitive dance season. So now I get to look at all my lovely students sporting these ridiculous hairdos in ballet class week after week! 
A sock bun is NOT a ballet bun! ARGH! 
Maybe I'm a bun traditionalist, but, I like a real bun, not a fake one.

2. Coloured Hair.
Why oh why do you think you look better with purple hair than blonde or brown or whatever your "natural" colour might be? I'm not against colouring your hair (I've coloured mine plenty) but I am against colouring your hair completely unnatural colours! I'm ok with a small highlight or colour patch but not a whole head of purple, blue or green, or rainbow?! Just what were you thinking?






3. Justin Bieber.
There is something about that boys face that just makes me want to slap him. (Sorry Alex!)

And can someone please tell him that pants are supposed to be worn around your waist and not below your butt cheeks!


4. Animals For Kids.
Seriously people dogs and cats are not kids. And they in no way shape or form like having kids so please don't try to relate the two together. 100% different I guarantee it! I don't care if you have a dog and love it, just don't try to tell me its like having a kid cause it ain't! And especially don't try to tell the woman who just lost her kid to suicide that your cats death is like the same thing, and that you have to be on anti depressants, so you completely understand how she feels. (True story!)
That's just down right ignorant and wrong. 


5. Hipsters.


Is this really necessary people? Is is just me or does it seem like the hipster trend is full people trying too hard to be different, to be unique, to stand out and get attention? It's one thing to be yourself but when you're doing it to follow a popular trend and fit within a specific subculture are you really being yourself? Or are you just following the crowd? Too many questions. I guess I just don't get it. 

6. Reality TV shows like: Survivor, The Bachelor, Big Brother, Jersey Shore, Teen Mom, The Real Housewives, Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
Junk, junk and more junk. That about sums it up. 

7. Self Photo Shoot Albums of Facebook.
Again, why? Please don't take 100 photos of yourself with your webcam and then create an entire album on facebook with all the photos. I can guarantee you no one want to look at this album expect you and maybe some weird creeper dude who doesn't even know you. Or maybe a weird creeper dude who does know you. Whatever.

8. Booty Shorts & Booby Shirts.
Please ladies have some decency and cover yourselves up a little. 
No one wants to see your butt even if you don't have one.
And there's no need to show the girls off to the world either.


9. Leggings As Pants.
Leggings are leggings. They should not be worn as pants unless you are working out. Please by all means wear leggings, I love mine, but wear a shirt that covers your butt with them. Wearing leggings is not the same thing as wearing skinny jeans. It just ain't.


10. Phone Cases With Ears.
I just don't get it, it's a phone not an animal!




There you have it 10 trends I just can't stand!

Jordan




2 comments:

  1. Hahaha this made laugh so hard. I LOVE the sock bun. I do it a lot haha. It's just so much easier than washing my hair. So GUILTY! I'm with you on the coloured hair. I really don't like that. You don't like JBIEBS!!! Love him. 4. AMEN!!!! Can't stand that. 5. You hate hipsters? Is that even allowed? 6. It surprises me that you hate reality shows. I would have thought you for sure would have loved the bachelor. 7. YES YES YES!!! HATE! 8-10 AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pahaha! I'm so glad you did this! I agree with most of them, especially animals as kids and phones. All of these things needed to be said! However I will admit that there are a few things on this list I like....you will find out with on my next post!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!