Well I can barely believe it but my sweet baby girl is already 6 months old! Where or where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday that she was born and I was holding her in my arms for the first time. The past 6 months have been full of so much joy! I absolutely adore my precious baby girl. I couldn't have asked for anything sweeter than her.
 |
| Here she is on her 6 month birthday. |
Novah is a wonderful baby. She is honestly what I would call a "baby dream," (must be third child syndrome.) She is pleasant, content, easy going, alert, attentive, calm and a great sleeper. She is honestly such an easy baby to care for that it makes loving her a breeze!
While Novah is officially 6 months old she is still very much a baby. She hasn't started sitting yet, she rarely rolls over (though she has done it a few times,) she dislikes tummy time and trying to convince her to eat is a slow going process. But with her being my third baby I can honestly say that I don't mind it one bit. It's kind of nice to be able to hold on to that baby-ness a little bit longer! I'm in no rush for her to grow up.
 |
| Me and my little princess at her cousins' birthday party a few weeks before she turned 6 months. |
 |
| The first attempt at eating rice cereal was not a huge success. Novah seemed highly offended that I would put a spoon in her mouth with food on it. She was not a fan and we are still working on getting her to like food. |
At this point Novah is my best sleeper! She usually takes a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon and then goes down for the night around 7:30pm. She was waking up around 4-5am for a feeding and then going back to sleep until about 8-9am, but a night ago (miracle of miracles) she slept for 12 hours!!! 7-7 baby! I'm hoping and praying that she decides to repeat this again and again and again! She loves to sleep and I really can't complain. Of course there is always the odd night where things don't go well but since those nights are few I'm happy!
This past week we had a bit of a scare when Novah had to go to the hospital with a fever that wouldn't break and a rash around her left eye. She woke up around 3am on Monday morning and felt quite warm so I brought her into bed with us and fed her and she fell back asleep. By 6am she woke again and was so upset and hot that I knew something wasn't right. At 11am her fever was still climbing despite me having given her tylenol so I called the health link. They advised me to call my family doctor and try to get an appointment, but also said the after hours clinic would call me if they had an opening that evening. I was able to book an appointment at the doctor's the next day but by 1pm I decided that I needed to take her to the Children's Hospital. She was so fussy and restless, had a high fever and had a lot of redness around her left eye. My mom and sister happened to be over and my mom thought it looked like an eye infection. When my dad was able to come over I left for the hospital with Novah and my mom. I'm very glad that we took her when we did as it turned out she had a bacterial infection called periorbital cellulitus (infection of the skin around the eye.) They put an IV in her arm and took some blood then gave her a dose of medication. We were told to come back to the hospital the next morning for more meds and to see the doctor in the Infectious Disease Clinic (that freaked me out a bit because they didn't tell me much about what was wrong with her!)
It was so sad to see her so sick and unhappy, and also devastating to see them put the IV in her arm. I honestly have a whole new level of respect for parents of sick children, they must be so strong. I was brought to tears seeing my little girl in such distress. But I knew it was for the best. The next day at the hospital she was in a better mood and the doctor confirmed what we had been told in Emerg. She was given another does of meds through her IV and we were given another appointment to come back for a third dose on Wednesday. Thankfully the whole process went smoothly and thanks to great doctors and modern medicine my baby girl is doing just fine now! The worst part was seeing her arm all bandaged up and knowing she was uncomfortable. But she is back to her sweet normal little self again!
 |
| Here is little Novah with her IV on Tuesday January 21, 2014 |
 |
Even though her arm was out of service she was still happy and feeling much better once the medication had started working. |
Novah has been a real joy in my life and to our family. The boys simply adore her and she loves them too. She is always happy to watch them run around and play and even laughs at them when they are acting silly. She brings so many smiles and love to my life, I must admit that when I have a rough day she is often my source of happiness. I am so grateful for such a lovely, pleasant and easy going daughter. She is truly a blessing in my life. I look forward to getting to know more about her and watching her big personality grow in the coming months. 6-12 months is always a fun filled time as they grow out of the infant stage and more into playful babies!
Happy 6 months to my beautiful baby girl!
 |
| The many faces of my beautiful daughter. |
 |
| I can't get enough of her cuteness!!! |
She is just the sweetest little thing! I'm so happy that she's such a dream child for you. And so so glad she's doing better!
ReplyDelete