On new years eve we had the pleasure of attending a fabulous fondue party with lots of good friends, tons of food and a whole lot of fun! It was a wonderful low key evening and a great way to ring in 2014. I wish that I had some pictures from the festivities but I was too busy enjoying the company of friends to think about capturing pictures on my phone (this is something I'm hoping to do better in 2014- be IN the moment- so I guess I'm off to a good start!) We had meat, cheese and chocolate fondue as well as a great little, "bar" with yummy drinks made by Dan (he was pretty proud of his, "bartending," skills ;) We sat, ate, talked, laughed, did a puzzle (I know so cool) and generally just had a good time.
We stayed out later than we have in a long time (2am), and came home to find that all three of our kids had decided to ring in the new year too! They were actually wide awake when we got home at 2:30am, so that was fun. Grandpa said Cohen woke up crying and that led to Marshal waking and then Novah woke up fussing too. It was pretty sweet when we got home and the kids were happily playing and running around. Marshal asking for breakfast because he thought it was a new day! Luckily Novah went back to bed after a quick feeding and then we pulled the futon mattress into the living room so the boys could have a, "sleepover." I accidentally fell asleep with them and woke up around 6am crawling myself to my big comfy bed as I was feeling a little sore from the oh so supportive futon. Somehow we managed to sleep in until 10am, though this included Dan waking up sometime around 7am to deal with a crazy Marshal who ended up in a time out, breakfast given to the boys and Dan falling back asleep on the futon!
After our slow morning we went out to enjoy the beautiful day and took the boys sledding. They had a blast! It was the perfect weather sunny, bright and mild. The best way to ring in the new year with the kiddies. Here are some pictures from our adventure.
 |
| The ready to go down the hill as soon as we arrived! |
 |
| Cohen just being cute. |
 |
| Getting ready for our snowy adventures. |
 |
| That's one serious pout face. |
 |
| Proof that Novah came along. She was just napping in her carseat. |
 |
| Dan having a good ol' time. |
 |
| Me and little CoCo. |
 |
| The kidlets and I. |
 |
| Smile :) |
 |
| First photo together for 2014. |
 |
| Cohen discovered he could eat snow. |
 |
| Best discovery ever. He wouldn't stop eating it! |
 |
| Novah decide to wake up, hence why we had to go home. |
 |
| Me and my Marshal. |
 |
Pure bliss.
|
We had a great day! I am really excited about 2014 and can't wait to see what this year has in store for us. Happy New Year to everyone!
Jordan
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCutest! I love and want your coat. Where is this Beaver Canoe Collection, it's not at Roots is it?
ReplyDelete