Friday, March 7, 2014

#18- Bake a Delicious Cake From Scratch

Well...I actually made this cake before I created my 2014 bucket list...but baking a yummy cake has been something I've wanted to do for awhile so I added it to my list anyway! I made the most amazing and delectable chocolate cake with mint buttercream frosting and chocolate ganache for ward activity on February 1. 




I can honestly say that this is the best cake I have ever made! I really love baking yummy and fancy desserts but I rarely have occasion to do so, so I jumped at the chance to make something for our Guess Who's Coming to Dinner Party! It was so fun to make something from scratch and get the results I wanted! I got the recipe here but eliminated the use of the Andes Mints (for anyone who may want to try to recreate this for themselves.) I'm hoping to make this cake again one day because it really was that fantastic. Plus I love mint and chocolate. Best combo EVER!

Jordan

1 comment:

  1. YES! It really was the most delicious cake. If you say you need a reason to make cakes then just consider your reason to make me a cake is I'm your neighbour. No need to make things complicated here!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!