Monday, March 24, 2014

Novah Elle At 8 Months!

Well it's hard to believe it but my baby girl is already 8 months old. Say WHAT? Honestly I still feel like she was just born (except for the fact the she was born in the heat of summer and we have been enduring an epic winter that feels as though its lasted forever!) In any case I can scarcely believe that my once sleepy and immobile baby is now eating real food, playing with toys, jumping in her exersaucer, planking, rolling and even starting to push herself around a little bit. It really is happening all too fast.

My beautiful baby girl at 8 months. 
Novah continues to be a pleasant baby and truly a joy in my life. I have to admit that she is by far the easiest child I have to take care of and I secretly love her so much for this. Some days when the boys are giving me a particularly difficult time she is the reason I can put a smile on my face. She has such a calm, happy and easygoing personality, I hope beyond hope that she stays this way throughout her life. She loves to watch her brothers play and is easily entertained for long periods of time by them (thank goodness so I can get some things done around the house!) Now that she is starting to get more active I can tell that she really wants to get in on the action. She is happy when they come to play with her and is always getting excited when they are running around, wrestling etc.
Miss Novah with her big brother Marshal. 
Novah knows her name and always flashes the most beautiful gummy smiles when you talk to her and tell her how smart and beautiful she is. Novah also loves her daddy and is always super happy to see him when he comes home. It's so cute to see her react to those she loves. She is definitely a social girl and likes to make everyone around her happy. She loves her grandma and grandpa and especially loves her cousin Kendra. It is so cute to see how excited she gets when Kendra comes over to play. Novah just loves watching Kendra crawl and I am certain she picked up the crawling position from her. Novah is now practicing this crawling position daily and I'm certain it won't be too much longer before she figures how to move (yikes!) In fact she is getting the hang of army crawling so I'm all set to start baby proofing the house again!

Novah also loves to work her abs by crunching and planking for crazy amounts of time each day. I swear that every time we put her down on her back (diaper change etc.) she just holds her little head up for as long as she can before putting it down and then lifting it up again! She can also be found planking all the time. The first time she did this I thought it was hilarious but I now expect to see her do it several times a day! It is so cute and funny to watch. However despite her serious ab regime she still isn't sitting in her own yet! Oh well all in good time I guess.

Planking!
The aftermath!
Recently Novah has started talking. She is really discovering her voice, babbling, blowing bubbles, even saying mama and dada (though I haven't actually heard her say this one yet.) I think her talking goes along with her whole "Miss Social" thing, she just wants to be a part of what is going in around her.

Novah continues to be a good sleeper (hallelujah!) but she is getting to be a bit of a stinker before bedtime. She used to go out with ease every night around 7-7:30pm but now she is often staying up much later (9-10pm) and giving me a bit of a hard time when I go to put her down after nursing her. Still I can't complain too much because she sleeps through the night usually until 7 in the morning, though occasionally earlier or when I'm lucky, later! I have also been able to get out for a few girls nights and Dan has been able to put her to bed by feeding her some food (since she doesn't take a bottle) just before putting her down so that is nice too. Allows me to gain a bit of my freedom back.

This brings me to Novah's love of food. When we first introduced her to food she loved it. But then she got sick and we had a hard time getting her to eat for awhile afterwards. Finally she rediscovered the good taste of food but only wanted to have squeeze pouches! I swear she would purse her lips tightly shut every time we put a spoon anywhere near it so for awhile all she was eating were pouches. Finally we have gotten her eating from a spoon again but we are also now entering the territory of her wanting to feed herself. My kids are all so independent when it comes to food.

Here she is having her first "big girl" meal. 
I also just took Novah to get her ears pierced and she was a champ. It was honestly so quick and easy and she barely even cried. I am really glad that I took her because now its done! And it looks super cute.
Just after getting her ears pierced and she was totally happy!
She is really such a fantastic little girl and I have enjoyed her so much for the past eight months. It's hard to believe that she will be 1 year old in just a few more short months. The time is really going by way too quickly I just love having a baby! She is growing up far to fast for my liking. I love my baby girl.

My beautiful smiley girl. 



Jordan

2 comments:

  1. One of my favourite little babes around! She is seriously so adorable, and I'm so glad she's still treating you well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha oh I just love that cute little munchkin!! The funniest picture is the one of her planking, she's seriously so strong! I need her skills already!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!