Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013 Happenings

This morning I was thinking about what I was doing around this time last year. Many of you know that my hubby and I started our own residential painting business last January and kicked off the new year with a Groupon. So around this time last year we were swamped with emails and phone calls from hundreds of people looking to get a good deal. It was seriously overwhelming, and a little bit scary. We had no idea what we had signed up for when we did that deal with Groupon!

Now here we are a year later and things are much different, Dan is back in school and things with the business are not quite on the forefront as they were last January. We are still maintaining the business as a source of work while Dan is in school (it's awesome to be able to set your own schedule and find work as needed) but his primary focus right now is getting some courses so that he can apply to the Nursing program this coming fall. Say what?! I'm going to have a nurse for a husband?! You may think- strange I think- kinda hot. Ok and that's all I'm going to say about that. But really I'm pretty excited for this new venture. It has been a long journey for Dan to find a career path that he feels strongly about and I think we finally have success. I love and appreciate my husband and all that he has done to support and provide for our family. But he has always been searching for that something he would love to do. He is really passionate about Fire fighting but that industry has become increasingly competitive and a highly sought after position- so it's still a dream but one that we don't have a huge amount of control over the success of. In any case I'm happy that he is happy and that he has decided to go back to school.

In other news if you haven't already heard we're expecting our third child. It's something exciting that we are looking forward to this year. I am 12 weeks today and had my first prenatal check up. Everything was same old (I`ve heard the spiel twice before) but I did get to hear baby`s heart beat which is pretty exciting! It always makes the pregnancy more real for me after I hear the heart beat. Before then it`s just kinda like, well I feel sick,  I`m tired all the time, my pants are getting a little tight and I'm eating like a horse but I don`t really feel pregnant! But today I definitely felt pregnant and am starting to look that way too. Showing way earlier than with the first two, I guess that`s what happens third time around. I am also excited for our ultrasound in 6 weeks and we can find out baby`s gender! Any guesses? I'm trying not to think about until I get the ultrasound but it's not too far away now, so maybe I can think about it a little bit!

I had other things I was going to write about but I'm running low on steam so I think I'm going to sign out for now. But there will be more to follow. Hopefully I'll get the goals up by the end of this week.

Good Night- Jordan

3 comments:

  1. Jordan i seriously LOVE all this blogging! Love it! So excited for you and Dan! What an awesome year you guys have ahead of you. I'm going to say boy #3 is on his way. That's my guess, but I'm always wrong so maybe it's a girl ha. I can't believe you are finding out in 6 weeks! So fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Baby!!! I think boy!!! Another brother for your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and Dan re:career decision. I hope it all goes smoothly! Trade tutoring hours for painting? ;) {yes, I am trying to trade our husbands' labour like cattle haha}

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!