Wednesday, January 16, 2013

At The End of The Day & Some of my Goals

Hope I didn't get your hopes up, but this has nothing to do with the Les Mis song.

At the end of my day all I want to do is sit on my butt and do nothing.

What I'd love is to have some energy to do all the things that I think about doing for myself but don't have time to do during the day- ie. finishing up projects, crafts, reading, writing, planning for my future (lol) you know.

What I usually do is a combination of sitting on my butt for a bit and then doing all (or at least some) of the chores that need to be done so that we can function the next day- ie. cleaning the kitchen, putting away toys, finishing up the laundry I attempted to start during the day, tidying up all kinds of other places my kids managed to make a mess, you know all the fun stuff.

I'm not really sure why I'm sharing the lack of excitement in my life, but I guess I've just been thinking about trying to make better use of my time lately. So what do you do during your evenings after the kids go to bed?

For the next half of this very random and poorly written post I just wanted to finally write down some of my 2013 goals. I keep thinking about things that I want to do this year but I haven't taken the time to actually write then down. In no particular order, here goes.

1. Meal Plan. I'm the worst at this, but I finally printed off a very basic two week meal planner to help me get more organized. So far its working. Less stress at diner time when I already know what;s on the menu.

2. Make my bed every day. I'm sure you're all great at this but I'm about to admit that its hit and miss for me with making the bed. I know is seems so simple so I should be able to do it right?!

3. Have more patience with my kids. I can't lie I've been having a hard time lately and gotten really short and snappy with them, which I feel horrible about. I hate being "mean" to them but lately I've been struggling with being patient. I want to be a good mom so I know that I really need to focus on remembering that they are just and little and not necessarily trying to make me insane, by throwing food all over the floor, pulling out folded laundry, dumping every toy they own on the play room floor, pulling out all my Tupperware and scattering it all over the kitchen while I try to make dinner, etc. etc. you get the idea. Just remember to tale a breath before freaking out.

4. Developing better relationships with friends. I feel like a friend slacker. There are so many great women who I am acquainted with that I'd really love to be better friends with. I think friendships are important but I know I'm kind of a flaky friend. So this year I'm going to try to do more to develop my friendships.

5. Get organized. I used to be such an organized person. Then my kids happened. And well. I think that's all I need to say. One day at a time, I'm going to try to get my house more organized.

6. Be nicer to Dan. He's always the one that has to deal with my complaining, stressing and end-of the-day-I
-can't-take-any-more-these-kids-are-driving-me-insane-get-me-outta-here-right-now moments. I think it's pretty self explanatory I just need to be nicer to the guy that helps me through all my daily craziness.

7. Take more time for myself. Even if it's just something little each day, I know that it's important to do something for me and not the family, or work, or other people.

8. Be more grateful. I know that I have much to be grateful for, but I always get into these envious phases when I look at people around me and wonder why they are so lucky and have so much. I know comparing is HORRIBLE so I need to stop it at all costs. Problem is its hard! But I need to focus on what I do have in my life and that is plenty!

That's all I got so far. Wish me luck!

What are your 2013 goals?

Jordan

2 comments:

  1. Haha I had to laugh at the bed making one. I make that a goal every stinking year and every stinking year, my bed gets made 3 times or less. It is horrible! Ha. I don't know why it's so hard, but it IS! All of your goals are great! I am still figuring out what mine are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also laughed at the bed-making one "I'm sure you're all great at this". haha! I guess it doesn't help that Daryn and I get up at different times on different days. Shouldn't be an excuse though.
    I really like all of your goals! I've been trying to come up with some as well. I really like the be grateful goal! It seems like life is just so much better when what you have is enough! I need to work on all of these things too.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!