As you know I am pregnant and expecting our third child in July. We have found out the gender of both our babies in the prior two pregnancies and so naturally I just figured we'd do the same this time around. Our ultrasound has already been booked for February 28, crazy how fast that is coming up! Anyway after I called in and received the date and time I let Dan know when the ultrasound would be and he told me that he didn't want to find out the gender of the baby! I was like WHAT? But Dan was pretty serious about not finding out and told me he really wanted to have the experience of finding out at the moment of birth when they present your baby and say, "It's a ____!"
I had never really thought about that before. With all of today's technology and my slightly obsessive nature to try to plan and prepare things out I've always wanted to know the gender of the baby so that I would be ready. So my initial reaction to this idea was, no way! However I did want to entertain my husbands wishes and at least consider the option. So I left the thought in my mind over the next couple of days.
I thought that the more I considered the idea the more I would be opposed to it's craziness, but in actual fact the opposite has happened. I am now starting to think that it might actually be kind of fun to have a surprise! I mean really knowing the gender hasn't ever impacted my pregnancies that much other than obviously helping with name selection and of course fueling my shopping! But I think it could be kind of neat to just go into this blind not knowing what is coming my way and then have a lovely little bundle of pink or most likely blue handed to me at the hospital.
I dunno I haven't made a 100% final decision yet, but the more I wait and think, the more I feel this might just be a surprise baby. Don't get me wrong I know I'm going to go crazy with anticipation, but I think it will be kind of neat to experience both sides of the spectrum. And who knows this could be the last pregnancy- not set in stone yet though either!
So what do you think? Did you find out your baby gender or keep it a surprise? Any words of input for me? I'll let you know our final decision once it's been made!
Jordan

My first reaction to this was FIND OUT!!!! But then after reading the post, I thought it really might be fun to leave it as a surprise until the baby arrives! Not that I will probably ever do that, but if you're up for it, I say go for it!
ReplyDeleteDon't find out!!
ReplyDeleteNOOOOOOOOOO!!!! All you ladies are crazy! hahaha. You obviously know how I feel about this!
ReplyDeleteI did both, and I liked finding out early way better BUT I am glad I experienced both, so then I knew for sure for #3 & 4 what my preference was.
ReplyDelete