Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome 2013!


Well its a new year and time for a new take on blogging. I have to admit that things really fell apart last year and I'm feeling sad that I missed keeping a record of so many memories :( However it's a new year and time to make some resolutions to improve so I'm here and hoping to do much better this year. I've decided to make my blog private so that I'm less focused on trying to please the crowd and more focused on just keeping track of everything that is happening in life. This likely means that the quality of writing on my blog will diminish significantly, as I focus more on simply sharing the facts so that I don't miss the moments.

And for mow just a few notes about Christmas while they are semi fresh in my mind.

Dan participated in an EMR course the two weeks prior to Christmas. The course was full time for two weeks and was incredibly intense. He was at school all day, would get home have dinner, help get the kids ready for bed and then be studying all night long till 11pm and sometimes later. I'm pretty certain that I went to bed alone every night while he was in the course :( At the end of it all he passed the course with great success! And finally we were able to have him back, thanks goodness! Problem was that he finished on December 21 so it made Christmas seem a little sudden for us.


Despite all when Christmas rolled around 4 days later we were ready to rock and roll and had a lovely day. Marshal woke up bright and early as always and came into our bed to snuggle. After a half hour or so he kind of realized that it was Christmas and wanted to go down stairs to see if Santa had come and eaten his cookies. It was so cute to see his little face when he looked at the empty glass of milk and half eaten cookies. He said something like, "Santa come, he drink the milk!"  He thought it was just great and then when he turned around and saw the play kitchen that Santa brought for him he just walked over to it and started playing and exclaimed, "My kitchen, he bring my kitchen!"

The boys on Christmas Eve.

Marshal with his kitchen.
Having fun opening gifts.
He was really thrilled with the kitchen and pretty content to play with it while we got breakfast going, before Cohen woke up and my folks arrived. Cohen work up not too much later and our Christmas day guests arrived so we could eat and open gifts. We had a great time sharing gifts especially with the little boys. Christmas is so much better with little ones. They had a blast opening up their presents and playing with their new toys and generally just being cute.

I forgot to mention that our morning also consisted of getting the turkey in the oven! We decided to split the cooking between my mom and us, and by that I really mean my mom and Dan. Dan has turned into a real master chef lately and saw a cooking show on turkey dinner so he decided that he really wanted to do that this year. Thanks goodness because I wasn't up for that job! He did a fabulous job of taking care of that turkey and also cooking some other dishes later in the day.

Anyhow back to our Christmas day. After we were all sufficiently fed and gifted Dad and Mom headed back to the apartment to get the food in the oven while Auntie Rae and Aeron stayed to hang out with the boys and enjoy Christmas day at our house. We had a pretty lazy afternoon, watching Christmas movies and just chillin.

Dinner was at 4ish and it was a delicious feast! We had turkey, ham and roast beef (don't ask it's a Jamaican family thing) along with mashed potatoes, yams, homemade rolls, rice and peas, stuffing, carrots, beans, asparagus and cranberry sauce! Yummy yummy in my tummy. Everyone indulged until they could eat no more! Later a few of us managed to squeeze in some pumpkin pie and other treats but there was very little room.

And that pretty much concludes our Christmas day adventures. Food, family and fun are really all that are necessary to have a splendid holiday and we had a terrific combination of all three!

Now I'll try to get on here tomorrow night to talk a bit about the rest of our holiday break and some of our goals for the new year.


Here's to a wonderful 2013!

Jordan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!