I've cried a lot recently.
Monday evening around 5pm while making dinner.
I started sobbing because of a letter we received in the mail regarding an amount we are being charged from our previous property managers. We had previously responded to their first letter appealing some of the charges but their response was basically too bad.
So sad for us.
This was really just a trigger for the tears which have flowed quite freely as of late for the losses that I have felt in my life.
Loss of the nearness of my family, loss of my wonderful, fun and supportive mom friends, loss of the children's friends, loss of the time we were able to spend with our friends weekly, loss of my social life and the groups I was a part of, loss of the wonderful community that I grew to love so much.
A good friend told me that what I am going through is like losing someone (to a certain extent.) And so it as if I am mourning. It's true because even though these people and relationships that I miss so much are still alive, they are not a part of my life anymore, at least not in the way that I have know for the past 6 years. I no longer get to share the day to day trials, triumphs and experiences with them.
My life has changed dramatically and it is ok to feel sad about not having what I used to. But it is also good to recognize what I have gained with the change. While some things may never be the same again there will be new joys to find and new discoveries to make.
Soon there will be less tears.
But there will always be a tiny space in my heart for those who I do not get to share my life with daily anymore. Friends that I found that I never dreamed I would find. Friends that I hope will last a lifetime, despite the distance that has come between us.
Jordan
I can't imagine being in a situation as hard as moving away from everything comfortable and familiar, but you're an amazing a strong woman. It's so nice to see your positive outlook, though things seem to look dismal now. I really hope that things start looking better for you and your family very soon!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing! I don't think I would be able to move across the country and leave everything behind like you guys did! You life has changed so much since you've been there and it is TOTALLY OKAY to cry! We will all meet up in BC eventually anyways right? :)
ReplyDelete