Monday, December 8, 2014

Life Captured Project- Day 8

A couple of my dear girlfriends are participating in an amazing blogging challenge found over at Life Captrued Inc. and I've decided though late, to join in on the December challenge.

I often struggle to find the time to blog because lets face it there are not enough minutes in the day for a mother of three. As of late I haven't put blogging high on my priority list but I'll admit that it is one of my favorite things to do. I have always found immense joy in writing and it is often the perfect way for me to release my emotions. Writing always leave me feeling better.

The Life Captured Project is a wonderful little blog I've only just stumbled upon but I'm excited to learn more about it and excited to challenge myself to write more freely and daily about things that are important, things that aren't and things that I might like to remember when I sit back and look into this slice of my life years down the road.

So for today December 8...What happened at 6pm?

At 6pm I finally sat at the table with a plateful of hot shepherds pie, my phone in hand. I know phones at the table should be a no no but sometimes when you've had a rough day (such as I had today) you just want have that distraction.

In fact moments before 6pm I helped my 4.5 year old into his karate uniform and rushed him out the door with my hubby so he wouldn't be late for his 6:00 lesson.

Prior to this while getting dinner made and then on the table for the kids I had a meltdown of sorts. I've had quite a few of these lately. I can't deny I've been struggling. There just seems to be a whole lot that has decide to hit the fan all at once. The trigger today was a letter we received from our former housing corporation demanding we pay a nice hefty sum due to insufficient notice given for our move out and repairs that had to be done to the property. The thing is that we did give notice but they did not receive it in writing a full month ahead like they wanted. But they didn't tell us this was required until after we had already verbally told them we were moving out, leaving us to pay for a month of rent when we wouldn't be there. The repairs that we have to pay for are a few minor wear and tear type items that occurred over the years of us living in a home that was poorly up kept by the landlords themselves. I accept that we have to take responsibility for this whether we like it or not but the timing just could not be worse. It's almost Christmas we are already pinching our pennies and now we need to come up with money we just don't have. Sigh. Just one of those moments when I couldn't help but feel like life is utterly and unforgivably unfair.

So at today 6pm when I sat down with my dinner and my phone, I opened up my fb feed to read the kind heated words of love and encouragement written in response to my vaguely depressed status post. I don't often share these types of statuses because I like to keep my private personal struggles to myself (for the most part) but I have really been needing a helping hand lately and I can't lie I was searching desperately for a pick me.

Some days 6pm is kind of rough and today just happened to be one of them.

Jordan


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're joining in!! I'm sorry to hear youve been struggling lately. when everything hits the fan at once is seriously the worst. I feel for you and I wish I could do more to help you out. Keep up with the posts I'll be eagerly reading them daily :)
    You are wonderful--don't forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm glad you're joining in too! Arianne is also doing it, so go check out her blog too!. Also I LOVE the new blog look. I should update mine. And I'm so sorry that they're being such jerks about the moving situation. I would fight it if I were you! If you told them you were moving out then they shouldn't make you pay cause they didn't get written notice. Was that even in your contract? UGH! I'm sorry!! That is the worst! I hope it all works out for you guys :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alex- Dan was happy I spent most of last night redoing it ;) But I'm happy with how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!