Friday, December 19, 2014

Life Captured Project- Day 18

Have you ever experienced kindness from a stranger?

Just earlier this week I had a two instances of kindness that really meant a lot to me while I was shopping with my three children in Wal Mart- don't need to give much more of an explanation than that.

As I was looking for something on a shelf the kids were going back and forth down the aisle playing with toys and pressing every button they could find that would create a noise. They were in the way of everyone that tried to get by etc. I was trying very hard to be patient with them and keep tabs on them while I also tried to find the right lights for our Christmas tree. An older man who was walking down the aisle just stopped and said to me,  "You're very patient with them. Much more than I could ever be."

I was surprised that he stopped to say this to me but also grateful.

After checking out, which was another fun fiasco in itself, we made our way to the van and I quickly got each kid into the van and buckled into their seats. I was then loading our bags in the trunk when another gentleman who happened to be parked beside me called out- "You are very patient with them, I commend you."

I'll be honest I feel the complete opposite of patient with my children. In fact I wonder daily how anyone could have enough patience for the likes of them! But these kind words from two strangers really meant a lot to me! It also came on a day when I was trying particularly hard to be patient in efforts to change my parenting habits. It was nice to hear some encouraging words from strangers!


Jordan

1 comment:

  1. Wow, two strangers saying the same nice thing! I love when people talk to and encourage each other instead of only being concerned with themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!