Today's challenge is to write a 250 word, "Story of My Life." I can pretty much guarantee this will be more than 250 words, but I'll try not to ramble too much! Here goes.
I was born in 1984 London Ontario where I spent 17 years of
my life. I am the oldest of 4 girls and have always been a bit of a keener and perfectionist.
I fell in love with dance at the age of 6 when my parents put me in ballet
lessons. By the age of 8 my dream was to become a ballerina. I attended an art
school which broadened my understating and appreciation of all arts as I was
exposed to theatre, visual arts, orchestral music, piano and singing intensely
for 4 years. After graduating elementary school I moved on to high school where
I didn't fit in at all because I was super shy and cared way too much about my
grades. Fortunately I found the “music crew” in Grade 10 and met my best friend
to be in an English class. I spent the next 3 years very involved in band,
choir, drama and also danced 6 days a week. I was boy crazy but way too shy to
talk to any guys. I moved to Toronto days before my 18th birthday to
attend Ryerson University and pursue my dance dreams. I quickly learned that
the dance world was meaner than I expected and underwent 4 torturous years, walking
away with my BFA in Dance in the end. I met
my husband in my last semester of University and we were married August 2006.
We drove across the country to BC, leaving friends and family behind. After a
year in BC we went to Sherwood Park AB for firefighting school and then relocated
back to Ontario with hopes of him finding a job as a fire fighter. After a bad
year with no success we determined that Calgary was our future home and packed
up our little car for one more cross country trek. I had our first son on May 2010
and loved being a mom so much that our second son was born in October 2011. All
the while my love of dance has been a driving force for me and I have continued
to teach in all areas of the country where we have lived. Being a mom is now
tougher than ever (toddlers are hard work!) especially with the upcoming arrival
of our 3rd baby, a girl, in July. I've had many highs and lows along
the way but my life has been a journey that I do not regret!
And there you have it, my life in a poorly structured, run on paragraph!
Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a line!