Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pregnancy Diary: 30 weeks!

How Far Along: 30 weeks
Weight Gain: 27lbs
Size of Baby: Head of Cabbage

Food Cravings: Nothing in particular.
Food Aversions: None! Yay!

Baby Movement: This little lady is moving like crazy in there. Just like both of her brothers, who were also super active, she is tap dancing, somersaulting and high kicking in there for sure. She's bound to be born a dancer with all the movement going on! Her movements are getting a lot stronger and a lot more uncomfortable too. As she continues to grow I'm sure space is becoming more limited so I get to pay the consequences with being poked, kicked and generally used like some sort of punching bag!

Overall Mood/Feeling: For the most part I'm doing alright. I'm still tired but that's partly because I'm anemic. I must admit I am really ready for this pregnancy to be over, but am slightly terrified about life after she arrives. As I've mentioned my body is having a hard time with this pregnancy and I've been experiencing a lot more aches and pains than in my first two. Thank goodness I'm almost there!

Symptoms: I wrote an entire post about my lovely varicose veins! So those are still there and the most obvious symptom of this pregnancy. Who knew that in addition to being hideous, varicose veins are also truly uncomfortable and even painful by the end of a long day. I'm trying to stay off my feet as much as possible but that's pretty much impossible with two very busy little boys to take care of.  I'm also having lots of aches and pains in the hips and lower back. I feel so stiff and sometimes I can barely get off the floor if I've been sitting there for too long. It's getting very hard to get up and down, so changing diapers, playing with the boys and picking stuff up off the floor are getting to be real chores! My legs are also so tired (from the varicose veins) that going up the stairs feels as though I've just done a super intense squat class, or danced for a few hours straight- not fun at all! Lastly I think I've finally developed that pregnancy waddle. You know the one. I think I may have avoided it in the first two pregnancies but the other night I went out without the kids and I was definitely waddling. I was just so tired and achy from the day it's all I could manage! Oh yes and sleeping is becoming more and more uncomfortable, I'm tossing and turning all night long. 

My Thoughts: Wooohooo I am three quarters of the way there! Knowing that I am only going to be pregnant for a maximum of 11 more weeks and maybe only 9 more is making me very ecstatic! I can't believe that I am so close. This pregnancy has definitely gone by really fast. I am done work now which is really nice as it was getting a little hard on the body, so now I can really focus on getting my house in order and finishing up all the projects I want to get done before this little lady arrives. I have to say I for the first time in this pregnancy I got a little bit scared about having a girl! It seems silly but all I know is boys and I think I've gotten them figured out pretty well so far! I feel like things are going to be so different with a girl! Maybe not but I'm interested to see just how things will be and how our family dynamic may change with a new little princess around! I'm also having the time of my life trying to find a name for this girl! Who knew picking a girls name would be so hard! All I have to say is I seriously need help. I think I have a problem when it comes to names. Hopefully we'll pick one or two before she comes so she won't have to be nameless for a week!

Jordan

1 comment:

  1. I love these! You're looking fantastic. Sorry to hear you're not having the best pregnancy. Topped with chasing two little ones around all day, I can't imagine!
    But seriously it's so close! I can't believe how quickly time has flown either.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!