May Blogging Challenge Day 10- Most Embarrassing Moments

There are only two moments I can vividly remember in my life when I truly felt completely, utterly and awkwardly embarrassed. Here they are:
1. I was 8 and it was parent viewing day for my ballet class. I was a very shy and quiet child and never liked to draw attention to myself. I would especially never talk in my dance class. I really had to go to the bathroom, but I would rather hold it in than raise my hand ask if I could go. I'm not sure why I was so afraid to ask to go to the bathroom, but I kept holding it and holding it until I could hold no more and I peed my pants in front of all the kids and all the parents there to. This is a moment I have never forgotten and doubt I ever will. It was truly horrible.
2. I was 16 and two of my dance friends and I were performing a jazz dance we had choreographed for our High School Airbands show. My mom had made us awesome costumes of shiny red pants and blue sequined tops. Each top was a different design and mine happened to have only one strap. I'm sure you can imagine what happened. We were dancing with a lot of energy and as we were dancing I could feel my shirt getting lower and lower on one side. I couldn't touch my costume because we had been drilled at our school to never touch your costume unless in fell off, literally, we would get in so much trouble! Anyway the top kept getting lower and I pulled it up as I felt it slide down just a bit too low. But is was too late. I had flashed my entire high school. Yup that was a great moment. But of course I just kept dancing like nothing had happened, because you never draw attention to anything on stage! Needless to say we sewed on another clear strap before I wore that costume again!
And there you have it, my two most embarrassing moments! Here's hoping there are no more!
Jordan
Yikes #2 sounds horrifying! I've definitely had the exact same experience as you in #1. (Except it was in school, not dance class)
ReplyDelete