Sunday, May 26, 2013

May Blogging Challenge Days 22-26

Ok so I really fell off the boat with this blogging every day business. But I'm pretty impressed I did so well for so long. In all fairness to myself I have been a bit busy as we were away for the long weekend (May 17-21) and then I had my son's 3rd birthday party to prep for which we just had this past weekend (May 24). In any case there will be some posts on those events coming soon too. So here's the short version of all the days from the blogging challenge that I missed this past week.

Day 22- Rant About Something: 

To be completely honest I thought about this one and just didn't have something I wanted to rant about. Don't get me wrong sometimes there are things that really get me going but I just haven't been feeling very passionate about anything that makes me excited or angry lately. Maybe because I'm just so pooped with this pregnancy that the thought of exerting a large amount of energy just makes me want to cry. So for this particular day I got nothing. Sorry.


Day 23- Things I've Learned That School Didn't Teach Me: 

  1. Sleep is very valuable, get as much as you can when you can.
  2. Road trips are the best way to develop a true and everlasting friendship or even a marriage. That's how me and my hubby came to be (seriously we went on a road trip and as friends and came back a couple) and we've shared many a road trip since we were married 6.5 years ago. 
  3. Best friends will always be there for you even if you live miles apart and don't talk all the time. Sometimes your lives will  take very different paths but there will always be something that connects you together. 
  4. Kids are serious work and sacrifice.
  5. Kids are totally worth the work and sacrifice. They are, as my dad says, "The icing on the cake!"
  6. Only you can make yourself happy.
  7. Life is short so make the most of it. Don't stress too much over things that seem important but really aren't. We only have one life to live and the purpose of our journey here on earth is far greater than we can see with our mortal eyes. Just do your best, life your life fully and be satisfied with what you have.
  8. Family is everything.
  9. Food is delicious.
  10. Be yourself  Don't ever try to be something else for someone else. Just embrace your inner weirdo, we all have our quirks but that's what makes us all so special!

Day 24- Top 3 Worst Traits:
  1. I'm super self critical. A battle a have fought my whole life that I know has often held me back and prevented me from really putting myself out there and achieving the dreams I have wanted to. But is is something I have improved on greatly over the years. Maybe in the future I'll stop judging myself.
  2. I always lose things. I'm so bad for putting things somewhere and then totally forgetting where that somewhere is! It drives my husband nuts! I'm the worst at putting things back where they belong too. I will put something down and swear it was there but then find it in a completely different location much later. Oops. I guess I should work on my home organization skills!
  3. I lack patience. Having kids has helped a lot but I think I still have a serious way to go in the development of my patience. Sometimes I do alright but other times...let's just say I'm an impatient person at times. 

Day 25- Something Someone Told You About Yourself That You Will Never Forget:

When I was 8 years old my ballet teacher told me that I had a lot of potential as a dancer because I worked very hard and was very precise, but she also told me that I would never be a ballerina because I had flat feet and bowed legs. She had my parents put me in foot orthotics right away, but it was of no use. My bodily flaws were too much to be accepted by the elite world of ballet. However this never stopped me from loving dance and becoming the best dancer I could be. Dance is still my biggest passion in life besides my family. 


Day 26- Something I Read Online:

I'm certain there are many wonderful things I have read on line but right now I'm so pooped I don't have the brainpower to go back and try to find something that got me thinking, so instead I'll share with you this funny link that popped up on facebook the other day. If you are a dancer/dance kid you'll appreciate this, it gave me a good laugh!



And there you have it folks 5 days of blogging in one post! Hopefully I can stay on track for the last week of this challenge!

Jordan

4 comments:

  1. Do you feel the bit about road trips holds true when small children are along for the ride? I am scared. Seriously. But you've been on more road trips than me with kids so I want your opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll talk about this Rachel! Kids definitely add a new dimension to road trip. I definitely enjoyed them a lot better when it was just Dan and I, but now that we have the kidlets there's nothing we can do but bring'em along!

      Delete
  2. P.s. I could write up a rant or two for you. Thankfully (for everyone) I keep most of them to myself. I wish I were less rant-filled but it's so entwined in my personality. Im working on it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously shocked that you were told you could never be a ballerina? Ha, I guess your teacher would know more than I would but seriously your body is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line!